Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program
DBE Program Policy Statement and Program Objectives (§26.1, 26.23)
Eastern Contra Costa Transit Authority (ECCTA) has established a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program in accordance with regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 26. As a recipient of Federal financial assistance from the DOT, ECCTA has signed an assurance that it will comply with 49 CFR Part 26.
It is the policy of ECCTA to ensure that DBEs, as defined in 49 CFR Part 26, have an equal opportunity to receive and participate in DOT-assisted contracts. The objectives of the DBE Program include:
1. Ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT-assisted contracts;
2. Create a level playing field on which DBEs can compete fairly for DOT-assisted contracts;
3. Ensure that the DBE Program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable law;
4. Ensure that only firms that fully meet 49 CFR Part 26 eligibility standards are permitted to participate as DBEs;
5. Help remove barriers to the participation of DBEs in DOT-assisted contracts; and
6. Adhere to the adopted ECCTA purchasing policy principles throughout all aspects of the DBE Program.
ECCTA’s Executive Assistant has been delegated as the DBE Liaison Officer (DBELO). In that capacity, the Executive Assistant is responsible for implementing all aspects of the DBE program. Implementation of the DBE program has the same priority as compliance with all other legal obligations incurred by ECCTA in its financial assistance agreements with the DOT.
ECCTA has disseminated this policy statement to its Board of Directors and to all departments of its organization. This policy statement is disseminated to members of the DBE and non-DBE business communities that perform or are interested in performing work on ECCTA’s DOT-assisted contracts. The policy statement is on the Tri Delta Transit website at www.trideltatransit.com/business.aspx. Questions regarding ECCTA’s DBE Program should be addressed to DBE Liaison Officer, 801 Wilbur Avenue, Antioch, CA 94509, fax 925-757-2530, telephone 925-754-6622, email email@example.com.
ECCTA establishes an overall goal for the participation of DBEs in contracting opportunities that are expected to receive federal financial assistance.
DBE and SBE Resources
2022 Business Outreach Committee DBE and SBE Events
2021 Business Outreach Committee DBE and SBE Events